Dear Levin Furniture Customers,
Three years ago, I sold Levin Furniture and Mattress to Art Van Furniture based out of Detroit, MI and retired from the furniture business. In March 2020, I was devastated to learn that Art Van was having trouble and was going into bankruptcy. All Levin employees were terminated without notice, leaving many of our loyal customers in a difficult situation.
Now the good news:
I am excited and pleased to announce that I have repurchased Levin Furniture and Mattress! Soon selected stores will be reopening, dedicated employees rehired, and our 100 year commitment to the highest standard of customer satisfaction will be my primary focus.
What does this mean for you?
We have pledged to take care of all Levin customers especially those who have made deposits with the previous owner!
- If you have placed a deposit for merchandise that was not delivered, you will need to request a refund from your credit card, debit card or finance company.
For Customers that have received a refund from their credit card, debit card, or financing company:
- Even if you’ve received your refund, because of our commitment to serve you, we will reorder your prior merchandise and provide you with an additional 20% bonus furniture credit that can be used on the new order.
For Customers who paid with Cash or Check:
- If you paid with cash or check and have not received a refund, we will offer you 100% credit on your deposit with the prior company, to fulfill your order or apply to a future purchase. Should you wish to add additional pieces to your order, we will provide you an additional 20% bonus furniture credit that can be used on the new order.
For Customers who have not received a refund and no longer wish to place a new order:
- For those customers who were not able to receive refunds from their credit card, debit card or financing company and no longer wish to place an order, we have set up a court-administered fund to help assist you.
- A representative will be in contact with you to discuss the court-administered refund application process. Please know that since this is court-administered, we cannot guarantee that you will receive a full refund of your deposit or the timing of any refund.
- Please be assured we will personally reach out to each of you as soon as we have the systems and employees in place to serve you.
What about your warranty?
- If you purchased a warranty from the previous owners, it was null and void when the company closed. Once again, we are stepping up and will honor all warranties purchased from the prior owner at Levin-branded stores.
How long will this take?
Due to the loss of all employees and complete shutdown of Levin’s facilities and systems, the process to “restart” the company will take some time. We are very aware of the inconvenience many of you have already experienced by the Art Van bankruptcy so we are working around the clock to address your issues. We appreciate your patience and will be contacting each of you as soon as we have systems and employees in place to properly address and service your needs. We plan to have the business up and running by the beginning of July 2020. Please continue to check here for updates – we will share more details as soon as we have them.
When my grandfather started Levin Furniture in 1920 his success was built upon a commitment to the valued customers. Even now, when these deposits and unfilled orders are the result of another owner’s business practices, we are, more than ever, going to run the business by this principle as we rebuild Levin Furniture and Mattress. My commitment to you is that the “new” Levin Furniture will continue to provide you with the level of service that you have come to expect from us over our 100 year history. That’s the Levin promise!